Thursday, December 22, 2005

Democrats Happy As Gasoline Hovers Around 2.50 A Gallon


I'm lost. Somebody help me. I'm just a blogger. I only point people in a direction with the articles I link to. I am not an expert in the field of energy at all. So you will have to explain to me why Democrats and some Republicans do not want to drill for oil in ANWR and off the coasts of California and Florida? Hurricane Katrina halted production for 30 percent of our oil capacity. 30 percent!!! When gas prices reached as high as six dollars a gallon, Democrats demanded that GW do something about. Two months later, he and the Republicans did something about it, Senator Ted Stevens (R) added a provision in the 2006 Defense Bill to drill for oil in ANWR (Arctic National Wildlife Refuge). How did the Democrats respond? They filibustered the bill until that provision was removed. Later, it was removed and the bill passed. My question is: how does this help lower gas prices? I'm just a blogger.

DEMOCRATS HAPPY WITH GAS PRICES--LINK

No comments: